Best Backup Software for Business Organisation – According to Gartner’s definition: “Enterprise backup and recovery software solutions are designed to capture a point-in-time copy (backup) of enterprise workloads in on-premises, hybrid, multicloud and SaaS environments and write the data to a secondary storage target for the purpose of recovering this data in case of loss.”
Backup and recovery solutions have several core capabilities. These include backup and recovery of operating systems, files, databases and applications in the on-premises data center; backup and recovery of public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS data; creation of multiple copies of the backup to support resiliency, disaster recovery and other use cases; assigning multiple backup and retention policies that align with the organization’s recovery objectives; and reporting success and failure of backup/recovery tasks.
Best Backup Software for Business Organisation
There are several excellent backup software options available for business organizations. The choice of the best backup software depends on various factors such as the size of your organization, specific backup requirements, budget, and infrastructure.
Here are some popular backup software solutions widely used by businesses:
- Veeam Backup & Replication: Veeam is a comprehensive backup and recovery solution that supports virtual, physical, and cloud-based environments. It offers features like image-based backups, data deduplication, replication, and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Acronis Backup: Acronis Backup provides a unified solution for backing up physical, virtual, and cloud-based systems. It offers features like disk imaging, granular recovery options, deduplication, and integration with cloud storage providers.
- Commvault: Commvault is an enterprise-level backup and recovery software that supports a wide range of applications, databases, and operating systems. It provides features like deduplication, snapshot management, archiving, and cloud integration.
- Veritas NetBackup: NetBackup is a popular backup software used by large organizations. It offers a scalable and flexible solution for protecting data across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. It supports a wide range of platforms and provides features like deduplication, replication, and snapshot management.
- Carbonite: Carbonite is a cloud-based backup solution suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. It offers automated backups, data encryption, and easy recovery options. Carbonite also provides features like remote management and centralized monitoring.
- Backup Exec: Backup Exec by Veritas is a backup and recovery software designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It supports both physical and virtual environments and offers features like data deduplication, granular recovery options, and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Druva: Druva is a cloud-native backup and recovery solution that provides data protection for endpoints, data centers, and cloud workloads. It offers features like global deduplication, automated backups, and built-in disaster recovery.
When choosing a backup software, it’s essential to consider factors like ease of use, scalability, security features, recovery options, and support provided by the vendor. It’s recommended to evaluate your specific needs, conduct a thorough analysis, and potentially try out free trials or demos before making a final decision.