Dating Old People on Facebook – Facebook is an outstanding social networking platform founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with his roommates.
The platform connects you with friends, family, and other people you know. However, apart from being a platform to connect family and friends, Facebook is also a place to meet and connect to a lover.
A few years ago, the platform introduces a feature known as “Facebook Dating”, this is where people with the interest of finding a love life meets to shoot their shots, including the elderly ones. The dating site competes with the likes of Bumble and Tinder.
Dating Old People on Facebook
Facebook makes the dating platform very simple to use. Even the older ones can run the platform without stress. Facebook has indeed brought solutions to those lonely ones in our midst. With Fb dating, no more loneliness, boredom, etc.
However, on this platform, users will be able to create a dating profile, that is different from their normal Fb profile. Then, Fb will suggest a potential match based on your dating preferences, mutual friends, and things you have in common.
Facebook Messenger Dating App
Facebook dating is an in-app service on Fb. It comes with an easy-to-use interface. The platform shows cards of other Fb users who opted into the service. Also, it won’t show your current Fb friends as potential matches.
This service is offered for free for Fb users, who are 18 years or older. Thus, with the Fb dating platform, you’ll find features like the location tab, the secret crush tab, etc.
Facebook Dating App Download
The dating platform is embedded in the normal Facebook. This means that there’s no separate app called “Facebook dating” you can only access in your usual Fb account. To access the platform via an app, follow the directions under to download the Fb app
- Move to the play store/ apps store. Use the search engine to find the app. Click on the app on the result page. Press the install button.
- Provide your Apple ID if requested and follow the onscreen prompt (iPhone users). After downloading and installing the app, click the launch tab to access it.
How to Activate Facebook Dating
First and foremost, you must create a profile. There are about four basic steps you need to follow to successfully activate the service.
Step1: Create a profile
- Go to facebook.com or launch the Fb app on your phone. Go to the menu tab and press on it. Locate and click on the “Dating” button.
- Facebook will send you an introductory message, explaining how the platform works.
- It will set up a profile for you, using the already existing data and pictures from your Fb account. Proceed with the steps below to decide on how the platform will look like.
Step2: Enable Your Dating Location
- Proceed to the Facebook news feed. Click on the three horizontal lines. Click on the “dating” button from the menu. Hit the icon that looks like a line with zero.
- Click on “dating location” and follow the onscreen directives.
Step3: Change your preferences
- Open your Facebook mobile app. From the menu tab, click on the “dating” widget.
- Navigate to the top right side of the screen and select the icon that looks like lines with zero signs.
- Progress to the preferences field and click on the one you want to edit and make changes. After making changes click on the “Done” button.
Step4: Start Conversation
On the dating platform. Find the person you want to begin the conversation with. Hit on the person’s profile photo. Progress to the text box and key in a message.
Then, select the send button. You will be notified on your Fb account if you get any reply. With the above steps, I believe you can successfully activate the dating platform.
What Happens When You Like Someone on Facebook Dating?
Did you find someone you like on the dating platform, but don’t know how to go about it or what to do next? It is very simple when you find someone, you like on the Fb dating platform, quickly take the first step by initiating a conversation with the person.
You will do that by messaging the person. After that, wait for a reply from the person. If luck shines on your face, the person will like you back. From there, you guys can become lovers.
Why Is Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
Facebook dating feature not showing on your Fb account? Three major factors can prevent you from accessing the platform or prevent the feature from showing, they’re outdated Fb app, Location, or Age.
Outdated app- Try to update your Fb app-visit the app store. Location your location matters a lot because the service is not available in all countries. It might be that your country is one of those countries.
Age- your age also matters a lot, Facebook has specific people in mind before while creating this service. The service is for Fb users from 18 years old and above.
Read: Download The MeetMe App – MeetMe Sign Up | MeetMe Download App | Create MeetMe Account | The MeetMe App
Trust this was helpful, do well to check up on more of our educating and informative articles. Also, share this post to your friends on Facebook. Twitter, Whatsapp, and Instagram.