Erie Car Insurance in Maryland – Car insurance is a type of insurance that provides financial protection against losses related to owning and operating a motor vehicle. It is designed to protect you, the insured, from financial liability in the event of an accident, theft, or damage to your vehicle.
Here are some key points about car insurance:
- Coverage Types: Car insurance policies typically offer various types of coverage, which can include:
- Liability coverage: Covers the costs of bodily injury and property damage you cause to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: Pays for repairs or replacement of your vehicle if it’s damaged in an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, fire, or natural disasters.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Medical Payments coverage: Helps cover medical expenses for you and your passengers, regardless of fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage: Protects you if you’re in an accident caused by a driver without insurance or with insufficient coverage.
- Premiums: Car insurance is not free, and you pay for coverage by making regular premium payments to the insurance company. Premium amounts are based on various factors, including your driving history, the type of vehicle you drive, your age, location, and coverage options you choose.
- Deductibles: When you make a claim, you may need to pay a deductible—a specified amount out of pocket—before the insurance company covers the rest of the claim.
- State Requirements: Car insurance requirements vary by state and country. Most regions require at least a minimum amount of liability coverage to legally operate a vehicle.
- Optional Add-ons: Insurance companies may offer additional optional coverage, such as roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and gap insurance (covers the difference between the car’s value and the remaining loan balance if it’s totaled).
- No-Claim Bonus: Many insurance companies offer a no-claim bonus, which is a discount on your premium for each year you don’t make a claim.
- Exclusions: Car insurance policies also have exclusions, meaning certain situations or events may not be covered. For example, intentional damage or using your vehicle for commercial purposes might be excluded.
It’s essential to review and understand your car insurance policy to know what is covered and what is not. Shopping around for different quotes and comparing coverage options from various insurers can help you find the most suitable and affordable policy for your needs.
Erie Car Insurance in Maryland
Residents and tourists alike are drawn to Great Falls, Chesapeake Bay, and many other attractions. Trust Erie Insurance to provide your auto coverage to protect your travels throughout historic Maryland.
Your Coverage Needs
Since 1953, ERIE has been providing drivers in Maryland with auto insurance coverage that has dozens of extra auto policy features (many at no additional cost to you) and flexibility that lets you customize your auto policy to best fit your needs.
As a driver in Maryland, you may need:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury
- Underinsured motorist bodily injury
- Uninsured motorist property damage
- Underinsured motorist property damage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Replacement services
- Death benefit
Reducing Your Premium
In addition to the coverage you need, ERIE also offers discounts to help reduce your rates.
- Earn a discount with factory-installed safety features like anti-lock brakes, passive restraints and anti-theft devices.
- Save when you insure multiple cars or have multiple policies with ERIE.
- Earn a discount based on reduced usage or for being a SupERIEor Customer.
- Save when you select a payment plan that offers savings.
Affordable Car Insurance
Cheap auto insurance doesn’t have to mean poor protection and service. Erie Insurance provides affordable car insurance with plenty of opportunities to reduce and avoid increases to your car insurance costs while maintaining quality coverage. All from an insurer that’s recognized for customer service and financial stability.
Talk to a car insurance agent in Maryland about these other ERIE products and how you might qualify for additional discounts.
- Only available in Maryland. Available if you have been continuously insured for three or more years on an ERIE Auto Policy and all drivers on the policy have no surchargeable accidents or violations for the preceding three-year period.
- Not available in New York. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer for more information.