Factory Reset the Meta (Oculus) Quest or Quest 2 – This article explains how to factory reset the Meta (Oculus) Quest and Quest 2 virtual reality headsets using the headset and the phone app.
Factory Reset the Meta (Oculus) Quest or Quest 2 – What to Know
- Headset: Press and hold the power and volume down buttons and select factory reset from the USB Update Mode menu.
- Meta Quest app: Open the Meta Quest app and tap Devices > select your Oculus Quest> Advanced Settings > Factory Reset > RESET.
- Only do a factory reset if you’re selling or giving away the headset or you’ve exhausted other potential fixes.
Recommended: Criminal Case Game – Criminal Case Download For Android, iOS And PC – www.criminalcase.com
How to Factory Reset Meta (Oculus) Quest and Quest 2
Here’s how to factory reset your Quest or Quest 2 using the headset:
Press and hold the power and volume down buttons on your Quest or Quest 2 until it turns on.
Use the volume button to highlight Factory reset, then press the power button to select it.
Use the volume button to highlight Yes, erase and factory reset, then press the power button to initiate the reset.
Your Quest will perform a factory reset, so you will have to perform the initial setup and download all of your games again the next time you turn it on.
How to Factory Reset a Meta (Oculus) Quest or Quest 2 Using the Phone App
If your Quest is paired to the Oculus phone app, you can use it to initiate a factory reset.
Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
Tap your Quest.
Tap Advanced Settings.
Tap Factory Reset.
If you don’t see the factory reset option in this menu, you’ll need to use the previous section’s method to factory reset your Oculus Quest.
Reasons to Factory Reset a Meta (Oculus) Quest or Quest 2
When you perform a factory reset on the Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2, the headset returns to its factory original state. This process removes firmware updates and restores the original firmware.
It also removes all of the saved game data and downloaded games and returns any settings you have tweaked to their original state.
There are two reasons to factory reset an Oculus Quest or Quest 2:
- You’re getting rid of the headset: If you’re planning on selling or giving away your Oculus Quest, then it’s a good idea to perform a factory reset first. Then, the person who gets the headset can start with a fresh slate.
- The headset is malfunctioning: If you’re experiencing problems with your Quest headset, then performing a factory will often fix the problem. However, this is an irreversible process, so it should be your last resort. If you’ve tried everything else, or you don’t care about losing all of your saved data, then you can perform a factory reset.
Otherwise, restarting is a better bet.
How to Restart Meta (Oculus) Quest
There’s an option if you only want to restart your Quest, but you don’t want to delete everything and start from scratch.
The restart option is accessible from the headset’s power menu, and selecting it causes the headset to power down and restart. It can often fix a lot of glitches and problems without removing your data.
Here’s how to restart Quest and Quest 2:
With the headset on, press the Power button.
You will see a power off/restarting message, after which the Quest will power down and restart.
Recommended: Roblox Game Platform – How To Sign Up and Login Roblox Software Online