Gmail Sign up or Gmail Registration – Gmail is currently the best free email service platform in the world and it is owned by one of the largest tech giant in the world (Google). Of course there are several other nice free email platforms like Yahoo but when you are looking for best email platforms that not only give you access to email but also direct free access to all Google product and services like Youtube, G-suite, Adword for online advertisement, Google plus, Android play Store etc, you should be talking about Gmail Sign up.
A lot of features makes Gmail to stand out among the crowd, according to Litmus Labs, gmail has the second-highest email client market share (behind Apple iPhone’s native email app). In fact, considering the position and indespensiblity of Google in the world today it is very important to create a gmail account.
To access to gmail, you need to first create a Google Account and that’s exactly the importance of this article. Read throught and learn how to Create a Gmail Account.
Hence, creating Google Account is simple and the same as Gmail Registration. Only required step to launch a Gmail account is just by following a few step mentioned below. But before we proceed, let us look at some of the features Gmail.
Features of Gmail
- An organized inbox – Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first.
- Less spam – Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free.
- 15GB of free storage – You won’t need to delete messages to save space.
- Multiple account support – Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.
- Access to Google Hangouts, which is also available to Gmail users, you can easily locate it from inbox at the left sidebar or the right.
- Ability to customise your inbox to certain design that is beautiful to you.
- With Gmail you can text and video chat with other Gmail users for the things that might not warrant an email message.
- Gmail also has an intuitive calendar where you can set meetings and reminders.
Gmail Sign up | Gmail Registration – How to create a Gmail account
To successfully create a Gmail account, you need to provide some basic information, including your name, birth date, gender, location and a telephone number to receive SMS containing a verification code in order to complete a Gmail Sign up.
Step 1: to create gmail account visit www.gmail.com or https://mail.google.com/ or click on the button below to signup Gmail at once.
Step 2: In the Gmail Registration Form, all the fields are required and you are expected to provide those information correctly.
Guide to Filling in a Gmail Registration Form as shown in the image below:
- First Field is your Name: This is important, so you should enter your first and last name or enter any name suitable for you, there are always an option to change or update it later.
- Second Field is your username: The username is actually the name for your Gmail Address and so it is a compulsory field and you can never choose a username that has been used before. Example email@example.com. Basically you can use a combination of your first name and the last name to make up your username or take any of the Google suggestion that is displayed right under the field as shown below.
Note – Your Gmail username may include letters, numbers and period to make it unique to you and must be between 6 and 30 characters.
3rd Field is for your password: Here you are required to enter secret set of words, numbers or phrase that must be used to gain access to your gmail account. It’s required that your Gmail passwords are expected to be up to 8 or more characters with a mix of letters (uppercase and lowercase), numbers & symbols.
Step 3: After supplying all the required information, Click the Next Button to Continue. See picture below…
Step 4: Verify your phone number – Enter your phone number and select your country code as shown in the image below.
Click the “Send” Button to proceed with phone number verification
For your security, Google wants to make sure it’s really you. Google will send a text message with a 6-digit verification code. Enter the 6 digits in the space provided and click Verify.
After verifying, a page where you will enter your date of birth and gender will appear.
Step 5: Birthday – Enter your date of birth. Under the provisions of Google, if by the time you create your Gmail, you have not been 13 years old, then you couldn’t create your Gmail account . So please pay attention to this section.
Step 6: Gender – Choose your gender (Male, female or other).
After choosing your gender, click the next button and you will be taken to a page where you decide to add your phone number to your account for use across Google services.
For example, your number will be used to
- Receive video calls & messages
- Make Google services, including ads, more relevant to you
If you like the suggestion to add use your phone number across Google Services than Click “Yes, I’m in” to proceed As shown below…
But if you don’t want this suggestion, click on “More Options” to Choose what’s right for you and click “Done” to proceed to Gmail Privacy and Terms.
After Agreeing to the Google Privacy and Terms of Service, you have successfully created your Gmail account. Here are guideline to Login to your account.
Gmail Sign in – How To Login to Gmail Account | Gmail Login
This step is very simple, after you have successfully creating your account to Sign in Gmail follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to www.gmail.com or enter your email or phone number you used to register your account and click next.
Step 2: Enter your Password
Click “Next” to sign in to your account.
If you like this article, kindly share this post to your friends and family on facebook, twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram.
Follow us on :
Gmail Sign up – Gmail Registration | How to Create a Gmail account – www.gmail.com