Google Analytics: How Does Google Analytics Work
Have you heard of Google analytics before? If no, this content is just all about giving you a broad understanding of what Google Analytics is and how to make of it.
Google Analytics is actually a web analytics service offered and made enabled by Google which tracks report file traffic. It is currently a platform embedded inside the Google Marketing Platform (GMP). It is the most widely used web analytics service on the web. Google launched this service in November 2005 after the acquisition of Urchin.
Google launched this service in November 2005 after the acquisition of Urchin. Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
How Does Google Analytics Work?
Here, am going to give you a basic understanding of how Google Analytics works and how to make use of it
It is basically to track website activity such a session duration, pages per session, bounce rates, and do on, of individuals that make use of the site and are active in it, alongside the information on the source of the traffic. However, you will need a Google Analytics account
In simple words, Google Analytics is a free tracking tool enabled by Google showing how visitors use your website and so on. You can also see the number of visitors on your store like where they are coming from and whatever device they are using through the help of Google analytics.
What Is A Google Analytics Account And How Do I Create One?
An Analytical account helps you name and organize how you can track one more property like your websites, mobile apps, and point-sale-devices using Analytic.
Before setting up an account, you can do well by checking if you have one already by going to www.analytics.google.com and see if you’re redirected to either the login screen or the dashboard of the account.
However, you will be given access to apply to one account as a user, either the one you created yourself or given access to by someone else. To create an account isn’t hard, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to google.com/analytics on your preferred web browser.
- Fill in your important details which will be used o set up your account.
You are good to go.
How Do I Enable Google Analytics?
Do you have a Google Analytics account yet? Are you not enabled or it just isn’t working? or you don’t understand how to collect basic data from a website? I will teach you how to go about this through these simple procedures, they are listed below:
- You will have to create or sign in to your Analytics account which is google.com/analytics
- Now, go on and set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Providing and setting up a reporting view in your reporting view is highly essential as well.
- Then, follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your website. You can however collect data in your Analytics property.
What Are The Benefits Of Google Analytics?
There are numerous benefits of making use of Google Analytics. As it highly advantageous, follow with rapt attention as it is spelled out below:
- It measures unique visitors to your website. This is by also measuring the total number of pages viewed on your website like the average time on the page, the amount of time an average user spends on your website, and so on.
- It can also tell you who is visiting your site. This is because Google Analytics has a Network that saves information about the network service provider in its data log. So, the information can be viewed on your website just by identifying the visitor’s company name.
- Google Analytics also helps you track social media. This is by helping you identify the social media platforms by driving the maximum, targeted traffic to your site. Also, it helps you find out how these social media users interact with your website.
- Google analytics can be free, and in some cases not free. It is what they call a “freemium” service. This means that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge. However, if you desire more advanced features of the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
- The Google Analytics tool also helps beginners by showing new users how to create an account, implement tracking codes, and set up data filters.
- It helps you track your location. It’s very simple, just by going under your Demographics in the Audience section. Google Analytics also uses the visitors’ IP addresses and where internet providers assign those ranges to find the location.
Google Analytics is very much available and accessible, and just a click away you can make use of it and benefit maximally.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.