How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account – Who lied to you that you cannot deactivate your Facebook temporarily or better still delete your Facebook account permanently?
Even though we agree that Facebook is hard to delete, we may be biased by thinking so without following the right steps. Facebook can be deleted, hence, the reason for this latest Facebook article.
You hardly keep in touch, no visitation, no hang out, just you and your device. That’s that on that so let’s see how to deactivate your Facebook account and take a break from this Facebook thing.
Note: When you deactivate your account, you can always reactivate it back and no one will connect with you through out the deactivation period – no one will see your activities, profile and etc.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account temporarily
- First, you need to log in to your Facebook account by entering your Facebook credentials.
- Once login, take the cursor of your mouse to the arrow icon facing downward located in the top-right corner of the page and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you need to select the “Settings” option.
- Then, select the Security tab from the left panel of the screen.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll find the ‘Deactivate your account’ option. Click on it.
- After clicking the option, a tab will be extended where you need to click on the blue colour ‘Deactivate your account’ link.
- A new page will be open, where you need to enter the password.
- After entering a password, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You’ll be directed to a new page, where you need to tell the reason behind your deactivation.
- After filling the prompt information, click on the ‘Deactivate’ button for deactivation.
- Facebook will once again ask you to confirm your decision to deactivate Facebook account. Click on the Deactivate Now button to immediately deactivate Facebook account.