Navy Short Service 2021 – Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Recruitment 2021 www.joinnigeriannavy.com
Nigerian Navy Short Service 2021: Are you planning to join the Nigerian Navy short service? The organization is open to new enthusiastic and purposeful people who can become a part of it.
You should know the basic requirements for a successful application. We have compiled a detailed guide that will help you prepare thoroughly.
This is article will guide you on everything you need to know about Nigerian Navy DSSC recruitment including the requirement and guideline for 2018. I strongly recommend you keep reading this article.
Current Vacant Positions
1.) General Doctor/Dental Surgeon
2.) Human Resource Management Office
4.) Information Officer
9.) Accounts and Budget Officer
12.) Biomedical Engineer
13.) Information and Communication Technology Officer
15.) Clinical Psychologist
18.) Medical Records/Health Information Management Officer
19.) Medical Lab Scientist
21.) Hospital Administrator
22.) General Nursing/ Midwife
23.) Graduate Sports/PT Instructor
24.) Logistics Officer
25.) Legal Officer
26.) Graduate Music Instructor
27.) Public Health Officer
28.) Dental Therapist
Click Here To View Details
Note: On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’. For technical support, call 08062090473 and 08033063694 or email [email protected] 0800 and 1700 hours only.
1. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service
Commission (DSSC) Course 27. Online registration starts on 3 October 2019 and closes on 14 November 2019. The departments and entry requirements are listed below.
2. Seaman: BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
a. Nautical Sciences.
e. Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
3. Accounts and Budget: Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
4. Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
5. Education: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
a. English Language.
f. Bio chemistry.
i. Library Science (B.Sc).
j. Computer Science.
k. Guidance and Counseling.
l. French Language.
m. Chinese Language.
n. Arabic Language.
6. Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
7. Human Resource Management: B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Human Resources Management.
b. Personnel Management.
c. Public Administration.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
8. Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
9. Imam: BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
a. Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
b. Islamic Studies (Hadith).
c. Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
d. Islamic Studies (Theology).
Diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
10. Information: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
11. Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
a. Website Development and Management.
b. Networking and Network Administration.
c. Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
d. Server and Database Administration.
e. Information and Cyber Security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
12. Medical: The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
a. Consultants: Must be a fellow of National
Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or
Surgeons. Must possess current practicing license of the Medical and Dental
Council of Nigeria. Candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 20 February 2021.
b. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBBCh or
equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of
Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
c. Pharmacy: B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full
registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current
d. Medical Lab Science: Either a BMLS or AIMLS/
equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist
Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
e. Dental Therapist: HND Dental Therapy must possess
current professional practicing license.
f. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography
with current practicing license.
g. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor
of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical
Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a
current practicing license.
h. Optometry: Doctor of Optometry. Must be fully
registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of
Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
i. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
Minimum of BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
j. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must
be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with current practicing
k. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical
Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
l. Biomedical Engineer: BSc/HND in Biomedical
Engineering with current practicing license.
m. BSc/HND in either
Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be
fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations
Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
n. General Nursing/Midwives: B.NSc RN/RM with
current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the
following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND Hospital Administration with current practicing license.
13. Music: BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
14. Sports/PT: BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
15. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
i. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
16. Legal Service: LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required). LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
General Nigerian Navy DSSC Requirements – Navy Short Service 2021
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
- All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2021.
- Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
AirForce Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
- Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
- Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Acknowledgement Form.
- Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’.
- For technical support, call 08159999011 and 09018611774 between 0800 and 1700 hours only.
How to Apply for Navy DSSC? – Navy Short Service 2021
If you are sure that you meet the above requirements and are ready to offer your candidature for consideration it is necessary to visit the official website joinnigeriannavy.com. The Navy administration took care that the registration would take a minimum of your time and effort. You can do everything needed behind the monitor of your computer.
Also, at joinnigeriannavy.com you will be able to learn all the latest information regarding the selection.
What’s your take on Navy Short Service 2021? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.